The Custom Posture & Mobility service is provided by a team of clinical and technical staff from the Enable Ireland campus in Sandymount, Dublin 4, and on an outreach basis to centres in the Eastern Region and Kerry. We also work in partnership with service providers from other Enable Ireland centres and with the Community Occupational Therapy Services in the Health Service Executive in order to provide a high quality service.
Services we provide:
- An Assessment and Equipment Provision Service
- The focus is on the prescription and provision of seating, night positioning and seated mobility equipment such as buggies and wheelchairs.
- A Custom Design and Manufacturing Facility
- We can design and manufacture supports for sitting and lying and modify or configure ‘off the shelf’ equipment such as cushions, buggies and wheelchairs.
- A maintenance and repair service
- Maintenance and repair is provide for our own manufactured products. We provide an aftercare service for our products
- A Training and Information service
- Training is provided on an individual basis as part of service delivery and to groups on specific areas of interest.
- Research and Development
- Current project work includes wheelchair and occupant crash testing and analysis of the components and constituent materials used in the manufacture of our seating systems. These are collaborative projects working with the engineering departments of Trinity College Dublin and the Dublin Institute of Technology.
How can you access the service?
You will be able to access the service if:
- You attend an Enable Ireland service in Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare or Kerry.
- The Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist in your centre will be your first point of contact and they will refer to you to SeatTech should they feel that more support and expertise is required.
- If you attend an Enable Ireland Adult Service Centre you may contact us directly or through a staff member from the centre you attend.
- You live in any of the following Health Service Executive Areas: Dun Laoghaire, Dublin South East and Wicklow, and you are referred by the HSE Occupational Therapy Manager in your area.
- If you have attended the service in the past and have not been discharged.
What to expect from the service
Our aim is to work with you and your therapists to provide support in the area of posture management and mobility with a specific emphasis on the provision of positioning and seated mobility equipment. We may be able to assist you by providing information or alternatively you may avail of our assessment and equipment provision service.
Enable Ireland SeatTech, Sandymount Avenue, Dublin 4
Mobile 086 6691311
Tel 01 2615926
Fax 01 2695816