It's so overwhelming in the beginning. When you meet the Enable Ireland team you get 100% which is a huge support, especially in the early days.
Your support is very important to us and we are committed to providing a high level of accountability and transparency about how we spend your donations. Every year we publish our annual accounts and an annual report into the services we have provided, the children and adults we have supported and how we spent your donations during the year.
Our Donor Charter
When you consider making a gift of any size to Enable Ireland, we undertake that:
- We will treat you, our donor, with respect and confidentiality.
- You will be informed about the causes of fundraising if donations are being sought.
- Your gift will be applied to the purpose for which it was originally requested.
- All communications concerning your gift will be honest, transparent and comply with legal and moral obligations.
- Your right to privacy will be respected and you will not be subjected to any form of undue pressure.
- We will use any donation made by you in a manner which preserves the rights and dignity of the children and adults who use the services of Enable Ireland.
- We will use your donation responsibly and ensure the best use for the children and adults and their families who use our services.
- We will be aware of our commitment to equal opportunities and diversity and implement these values and policies in all communications.
- We will delete your name and information from mailing lists and databases if requested to do so.
Any concerns you may have relating to these points will be handled swiftly and effectively.
Enable Ireland will:
- Be transparent, accurate and honest.
- Respond to email, letters and telephone enquiries, where necessary, within seven working days.
- Achieve the highest standards of professionalism at all times.
- Strive to minimize the costs relating to fundraising activities.
- In the case of direct recruitment of direct debits, adhere to the Code of Practice developed by the Irish Fundraising Forum for Direct Recruitment (IFFDR)
- Adhere to the guidelines and requirements contained in the Charities Act 2009 and comply with the Data Protection Act. Enable Ireland’s fundraising database will not be shared with any other organization.
Any comments or complaints should be addressed to:
Ms Joanne O'Hagan,
Head of Fundraising
32F Rosemount Park Drive
Rosemount Business Park
Ballycoolin, Dublin 11
Tel: 01 872 7155
Lo-call: 1850 204 304
We are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and closed between 1pm and 2pm for lunch.
Enable Ireland is open about whether those seeking donations on their behalf are volunteers, employees of the Enable Ireland or are third party agents. Anyone fundraising on behalf of the Enable Ireland must ensure that prospective donors are aware of their status, i.e. volunteers, employees or third party agents.